AnaRIP Now Includes “Super Fine” Mode for Printing 1200 x 1200 DPI Images on the RICOH Ri 1000 AnaJet is excited ...Read More
5 Essential Tips for Keeping Your RICOH Ri 1000
in Top Shape
As part of our commitment to your success, we want to make sure that you are getting optimal performance from your RICOH Ri 1000 while also minimizing any issues that easily can be prevented by following a few simple tips:
- Always leave your printer on to allow the machine’s automated maintenance sequences to run. This is necessary to keep the printer in optimal condition and avoid potential damage that can be prevented easily. If it is necessary to power down the machine for over 12 hours, be sure to fill your printer with cleaning fluid. Refer to Section 8.3 of your User Manual for more information.
- Make sure your ink is at 5% or above when you are done printing for the day or plan on leaving your printer idle for a few hours. While you can continue to print using cartridges with less than 5% remaining, the machine’s vital automated maintenance sequences require at least 5% or above in order to complete. If you do not have replacement ink available, you can fill your printer with cleaning fluid. Refer to Section 8.3 of your User Manual.
- Clean encoder strip weekly or every 30 prints to help avoid blurry prints, double prints, and error codes. Refer to Section 8.2 of your User Manual.
- Make sure the obstacle sensor is on. If the sensor is off, head strikes may occur and cause damage to the carriage. To check if your obstacle sensor is enabled, navigate to the OPTIONS panel. The sensor is on when the blue light is illuminated on the OBSTACLE SENSOR button.
- Always shake new white ink cartridges thoroughly before installing them in your printer. Adequately shaking your new white ink cartridges helps ensure that your prints will come out bright and vibrant. Refer to the User Manual, page 18, for more information.
BONUS TIP: Contact our Technical Support team when you have questions or concerns about your machine. We’re here to help! Technical Support can be reached at 877-646-0999, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm PST or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.