Moving the Printer – within the building
To move the printer a very short distance, with the printer remaining at a horizontal position, follow the steps below. An example of such a move would be moving the printer within a building. If you need to move the printer a longer distance or ship it through a common carrier, follow the instructions for Short Distance or Long Distance.
- Turn off the print engine by pressing the key on the Control Panel.
- When the print engine completes its power down sequence, switch off the printer Main Power Switch on the rear of the printer.
- Drain the Waste Ink Tank. (See Section 6 of this chapter)
- Clean and drain the Left Drip Pan
- Remove both the power cord and USB cable.
- The ink cartridges should remain in place. Removing ink cartridge may cause ink dry-out in the ink delivery system.
- Install the Carriage and Table Retainers that where with the printer when it arrived. Use the Thumb Screw to tighten the table retainers.
- Move the printer carefully (four people are required). Keep the printer horizontal. Only move the printer on its side when moving through a doorway.
- When you reach the new destination, make certain the printer is placed on a stable, sturdy and level table.
- Make sure the printer is level using a torpedo level as described in Chapter 2: Startup of a New Printer, Section 4: Setting up the Printer.
- Make sure that the environment of the new location meets to the printers requirements. See Chapter 1: Product Information,
Section 2. Operation Environment Requirements.